This should be in bolded letters and exaggerated to let people know who are suffering from Hypothyroidism that IT IS NOT A JOKE. Hypothyroidism is far from just a simple disease. If it is left the untreated and untaken care of, it can lead to more serious diseases affecting the human body system as a whole.
I get it. People tend to associate their fears on medication side effects than really considering their healing and recovery. Yes, it might be scary to think that we needed to start medication, taking meds at the certain time of the day, waking up at the middle of the night to take prescription medicines and all of that fuss. It doesn’t fit into the ideal concept of a happy and healthy life and that most of us don’t want to consider that we needed it or that our system needed it.
We deny the thought of medication that we came to the point of ignoring it. The more we deny the help Hypothyroidism supplements can give to us, the more we deny to ourselves the recovery we can get.
The Risks of Not Taking Hypothyroid Supplements
Hypothyroidism treatment aims to help your body system get back on track. It replaces the hormones your body isn’t producing or the hormones your body is lacking. But what happens when you don’t take your supplements as directed is a risk to your body and to your health.
The risks are as follows:
- Irregular blood pressure and elevated cholesterol.
- Increased risk of heart disease and heart problems.
- Imbalanced body temperature. Feeling definitely cold.
- Over fatigue. Weakening of the muscles and joint pains.
- Indescribable feeling of emotional pain, anger.
- Extreme memory loss.
- Imbalanced weight. Abnormal weight gain, inability to lose weight despite diet and exercise. And extreme weight loss resulting to underweight.
- Infertility, miscarriage for pregnant and premature labor.
- Menstrual irregularities.
- Loss or reduced sex drive.
- Uncontrolled bowel movements.
- Hair loss.
- Swollen hands, feet, face.
- Growing of thyroid nodules and increase of goiter size.
- Increased risk of infections.
- Heat intolerance.
- Nervousness, anxiety, panics attacks.
And the list goes on.
Hypothyroidism Medication Regimen
Thyroid medication may seem an inevitable change to make, there are certain regimens you can do to help you to get in control of your hypothyroidism medication.
- Take medication on an empty stomach. 30 minutes before meal is the best time to take your thyroid supplements.
- Stick to a schedule. For you to control your medication, you should make it a habit to take medicines on a consistent schedule or at a specific time of the day.
- Using a pillbox can help. To keep you reminded of the doze and the amount of pills to take, make sure you use a pillbox just to keep up with the recommended and prescribed dosage.
- See your doctor regularly. Always make it to a point to see your doctor for checkups to monitor your health and your medication.
Hypothyroidism isn’t easy as how you perceived it to be. Ignoring your take on hypothyroidism supplements can lead to even more serious conditions and severe cases of diseases, it’s best to take your medication, see your doctor and get the best help from the best hypothyroid advisers you can find online.
There are a lot of hypothyroidism survivors, and I believe you can be the next one.